We work with hundreds of small business owners to help answer the difficult questions that face their businesses every day. As your accounting and tax advisor, our goal is to equip you with the tools and support you need to make well-informed decisions that position your business for success. We can show you the steps to take when starting a business including applying for an EIN, filing initial business privilege tax, and setting up payroll tax accounts. We are ready to listen and give feedback on any of your financial questions, whether they seem large or small. We apply real-world experience to our consulting services and we understand the challenges that small businesses deal with every day.
- Forming an LLC
- Changes in ownership
- Dividends, distributions, and owner compensation
- S Corporation Election
- Purchasing a business
- Working in other states
- Purchase of equipment or building
- Employee benefits and retirement plans
- Buy-sell agreements
- Whatever is on your mind
We help you get the maximum tax savings by listening for the details that often get missed. We will help you get the most tax benefits by selecting the optimal tax filing status for your business. Find out how we have saved our clients thousands of extra dollars through new laws such as the Alabama Full Employment Credit Act. Let us take the guesswork out of claiming home office deductions, auto expenses, and employee benefits through guidance tailored to your situation.
- S Corporation
- C Corporation
- Pre-tax employee benefits
- SEP, SIMPLE, and 401k retirement
- Domestic Production Activities Deduction (DPAD)
- Fuel Credit, Tip Credit, and R&D Credits
- Alabama Small Employer Health Insurance Deduction
We make payroll easy. While you focus on running your business, we handle the entire payroll process from onboarding new hires to direct deposit to payroll tax returns and W-2’s. We set up withholdings and we process tax payments so that you don’t have to worry about it. We pay special attention to helping business owners adjust their withholdings according to their changing financial situation. Because we are a local team, we respond quickly and efficiently to all questions and payroll adjustments.
- Direct deposit
- Electronic tax payments
- Paper checks and stubs
- Payroll tax returns including Form 941 and state forms
- Form W-2 & 1099
You count on reliable financial statements for decision making, for lenders, and for your business partners. As a firm that specializes in small business services, bookkeeping is an area where we really shine. Having a knowledgeable CPA working on your books is the best way to find tax planning opportunities.
Our bookkeeping services help small business owners focus on running their business rather than guessing at accounting entries. When we do your books, tax prep is a breeze. We offer comprehensive bookkeeping services so that you can focus on your core competencies. The confidence and peace of mind that your books are ready for anything are closer than you think.
- Accounting system setup
- Outsourced bookkeeping solutions
- Monthly or quarterly reporting
- Financial statements including Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and General Ledger
- Be ready to apply for financing or increase your line of credit
- Improve the accuracy of your financial reporting
QuickBooks can be a helpful tool for many small businesses to track their income and expenses with less effort. Turn to one of our QB ProAdvisors for assistance at every level. We can help with recording unusual transactions, and we can do quarterly check-ups to ensure you stay on track. Count on us to record year-end adjustments like depreciation, mileage, and home office claims properly. Whether you just have few questions or you are wondering whether to get a fresh file and start over, we know how to get things untangled when your books just aren’t adding up anymore.
- Bank and credit card reconciliations
- Recording new loans and correcting loan balances
- Payroll and sales tax liabilities
- Recording owner compensation, loans, and contributions
- Cleanup of reconciliation discrepancies and duplicate transactions
- Vendor balances and item setup
- Undeposited funds corrections
- Properly record refunds, write-offs, and overpayments
We can help you solve problems with the IRS. Make sure you have all the facts before you pay anything! We will ensure that the laws are applied fairly to your situation, and we can reduce the time it takes to resolve your conflict. We can analyze your tax liabilities and determine a step by step plan of attack. Whether you need us to go fight for you in an audit or negotiate an Offer in Compromise, we can help you get back on track.
- Late or unfiled returns
- CP 2000 and other IRS notices
- Levies and garnishments
- IRS Audit
- Financial packets 433-A and 433-B for IRS
- Payment plan or Offer in Compromise
- Final assessments and other letters from AL Dept. of Revenue
- Removing penalties
- Requesting transcripts and copies of tax documents